Wednesday, April 14, 2010

progress!

Awhile ago, I started to crochet a blanket for Pete and me. It looked like this after about two weeks:


And now it looks like this!


I'm proud of myself. Hopefully it'll be ready for the next Massachusetts winter... If I'm lucky! It's width fits across a queen sized bed, with the edges hanging over about a foot or so on each side. I've been crocheting single crochets with a skip for 25 rows, then I do a double crochet with a skip for 5 rows. Right now I'm in the middle of the third row of double crochets, for the second time. Again, I'm using green Impeccable Yarn from Michael's and blue Red Heart Eco-Ways Recycled Yarn. So far I've used 2 balls of blue and I'm on my fourth ball of green. I have about a billion more balls in these colors. I hope I have enough to finish it!
Often, I find myself making amigurumis and granny squares to break the monotony, but I've been in a big ole' blanket kick lately. Hopefully I'll get back into the 'rumi's soon. I made another bluebird body and he's dying to get some eyes and other body parts!
Also I've been tossing around the idea of crocheting moccasins. This yarn shop I love in Newburyport has the slipper soles for them and I think they would be so cute!

No comments: