Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oh my gosh! Puerto Rico!

In less than two weeks, my friend Kendra and I depart for San Juan, Puerto Rico! We are staying at The Beach House Hotel and I am DYING at how gorgeous it is. From the hotel rooms, to the lounge, cabanas and restaurant... I am speechless. But I can definitely tell why it is considered Puerto Rico's chic-est boutique hotel. Also, it is reasonably priced because we are going during the off season! Kudos to Kenda's mom on finding this place for us..







We are staying here for 3 nights, out of the 4 we are in PR. Our last night we are renting a tent and sleeping on the beach. How awesome does that sound?!

Also planned: exploring the caves in Camuy, ziplining through the El Yunque rainforest and being babes. Duh.

I can't express enough how excited I am to go. I could REALLY use a vacation. I think the last one I took was to Spain back in September! I wish Peter could come, but I think it will be nice to just get away with Kendra. Plus we're headed to Ecuador for a few weeks in August and September.

I love Peter, but I also love that we are both really independent people and have our own lives outside of each other. I would hate being one of those couples that don't have any friends and just hang out with each other and no one else all the time. I think it's healthy for us to maintain everything we have going on in our lives, even if we don't both enjoy them. For example, Peter will never crochet with me, but I probably will never go hiking for 3 days straight in the middle of the winter either. Summer? Sure, but not in January!

Also, we put in an application for an apartment, so progress is being made with finding us a new home! We won't have as nice of views as we do in Dogtown Commons, but Rocky Neck is the cutest little arts section. It's America's first art colony, and we will be right there. Plus it's about half a mile from a yarn shop that also stocks the cutest buttons as well. I hope we get the apartment! We should be finding out any day now. I can't wait to get in there and paint!

No comments: